In Intermediate Logic, you'll get the benefit of James B. Nance's twenty years of teaching experience to help you master propositional arguments:
- How to interpret and analyze logical operators and truth tables by reviewing and applying the concepts of validity, contradiction, consistency, and equivalence,
- How to internalize the nine basic rules of inference to derive an argument's conclusions from its premises,
- How to easily determine consistency, self-contradiction, tautology, equivalence, and validity by using truth trees,
- How to apply all these skills to real-life thinkers and writers wherever you encounter them,
- An all-new optional unit on understanding digital logic, the "language" which modern gadgets (from digital alarm clock displays to computer processors) use to function.